Δευτέρα 12 Μαρτίου 2012

David Bowie must be very disappointed



Please, David don't be mad at me.

Sorry for being an awful blogger, but it has been quite a full month.

First, there was The Marriage on 17/02, where I can proudly say that I was "the best woman" and though small and discrete, it was followed by a 2-day hangover (This a skill you know). Have a beautiful life together, dear friends!

Then there was the Mardi Gras weekend, with this dazzling sunset and drinking beers by the see on Saturday 25/02.



And then there was work at work and more work at home, preparing the second book of Mr Black Publications. It is now out hot from the printer.



In the meantime I did some DIY at home. The first is a tutorial I saw in Pinterest:



My results where a little... let's say not symmetrical, but still made a nice container for my ball-lights, by the fireplace.




and the second is a frame inspired by Urban Outfitters



and it was the most fun to make. I think there will be many following.

So if you are interested in making a frame like this the things you will need are:
• An old newspaper
• Scraps of yarn
• Scissors
• Glue or glue-gun (I prefer the glue-gun, because the glue dries faster)
• A ruler
• A pencil or pen
• A frame to use as a base (I used the cheapest one from IKEA).



So, first you have to cut strips from the newspaper measuring 5cm wide and fold them in half lengthwise.
Then twist the folded strips to create a paper twine. You might need to wet your finger tips every now and then to make the twisting easier as they tend to get dry. Try not to overdo it. We don't want the newspaper to soak on water.
After you make your strips (number depends on the size of your frame), cut your yarn in twice the length of each strip and tie it on one end of the strip. Start twisting and tying to create the effect of the pictures (no special tips for this).
After preparing all your paper and yarn strips, glue them carefully on your frame and press them until the glue is dry, otherwise it tends to lose the shape you give them and you won't have good results. This is why I prefer the glue gun.

So, not more to say. Your frame is ready (and cost far less the the original one - sorry urban outfitters!)
Find a nice picture to go with it. I think I will print a black and white one.



And then Spring came...





Sorry, for not translating this post in Greek, but I feel that it will take me another month to post it and I really need to find something nice to wear at Nortin's first fashion show tomorrow at AXDW, walking with F.A.K.E.'s creations! I am so excited! Check sneak peak pictures here.

1 σχόλιο:

Lyosha Varezhkina είπε...

Congrats with the wedding - best woman is too hard to be! and the 2 day hangover is wow. I mean it, how it possibly can be? you must be a master!

love the ideas of frame and basket - I need to make the same basket for my home

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog
P.S. I followed you via GFC